Tuesday, January 28, 2014

new things.

It's been a long time since I've written-and a lot of things have changed!

 Because of my "old things" post, I decided to make it my goal to document what's happening NOW. I took pictures, I saved mementos, I made a summer "bucket list" and fulfilled it, and made a framed collage of what I consider to be accomplishments and new good things.

I also needed to find a way to embrace the NEW. since I cannot go back, I need to move forward. last year, I felt like I was freefalling and trying to put the puzzle pieces back together. I needed to TRY things-even if I was scared. I tried to say YES more.

My foundation is now something I'm very proud of.

I look different. I decided to embrace the short hair and got it cut shorter. It felt wonderful to go short on my own terms rather than short due to treatments/surgery.

I know different people. I have worked on building relationships with worthwhile people who add to my life rather than cling to what "should" be or wishing my family dynamics were different.

I had the strength to leave something that wasn't good for me. I was blessed to find something that has been very good for me. Something that has given me both a sense of purpose and a newfound desire to be better and to do more. Something that has allowed me to meet and serve with the best people I have known and that has embraced me for who I am.

I have had to start over many times-even at work, I have moved buildings and grade levels twice just since I've finished chemo. Each time, everything has turned out okay. I realized that I don't have to be scared of starting over.

I still get frustrated when I see the effects of the past and when fatigue sets in and when I have so many appointments...but I am living and almost-normal life now.

This year, I want even more. It's time to feel like I am LIVING to my fullest. Cue: project 29. I have made a "bucket list" of things to accomplish this (my 29th) year. Some are small things, some are silly things, some are unexpected things....all are things that I can look forward to so that I can point to this year with no regrets.

1 comment:

  1. This is such an exciting post to read. I'm so glad that you're finding a "new normal" - and that it's leading you places that's even better than before! Cheers to living life with purpose and happiness in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena