Thursday, December 16, 2010

On a lighter note...

In lieu of the ridiculously uncomfortable posts of yore, here are a few things you may or may not find moderately amusing. No need to get your emotional game face on.


I once paid a one-legged street minstrel a dollar to play “something patriotic”. Instead, he played the worst rendition ever of amazing grace I had ever heard.


I once bribed a tow truck driver $25 to not tow my car (it was parked in a Walgreens for an hour while we were at the Allentown Art Festival).


I often counted the number of letters in a word/sentence to see if it was divisible by 5 (go ahead and count the number of letters in that last sentence; we both know you want to. This one does also).


Skor bars versus Health bars: the taste-test of 2009. Verdict: Skor.


Student: When I first met you, I thought you'd be crazy since you had crazy curly hair!


My brother's fiancee was my table partner in Kindergarten. We were separated because we kept talking and playing with each other’s hair.


I am the only person I know who hates peanut butter (with the exception of pbj sandwiches, which can be consumed sparingly to solicit childhood memories).


I never put a paper towel around whatever I’m putting in the microwave, regardless of what the directions demand.


I’ve been internationally detained.


I recently purchased coats from Hong Kong. The amount I will pay in dry cleaning to remove the strange scent is almost as much as the cost of the coats themselves.


I love mod podge.


I love that you are reading this blog post.

3 comments:

  1. I was there for 3 of the incidents listed here. Trouble follows me. I'm like Johnny Cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've only been there for 1 incident... but it was a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you once asked the ice cream 'man' if he would give you something for free....and he did.

    then I tried the next time around...and he didn't.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena